Fresno, California Climate & Temperature
- Fresno, California, Usa is at 36°45'N, 119°43'W, 100 m (328 ft). See map.
- Fresno, California has a mid-latitude steppe/ semi-arid cool climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSk).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Fresno, California is situated in or near the subtropical thorn woodland biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 17.4 degrees Celsius (63.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 20.3 °C (36.5°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 269.3 mm (10.6 inches) which is equivalent to 269.3 Litres/m² (6.61 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3708 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Fresno, California you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Amsterdam Island, French Southern Lands where you would find a Marine west coast climate.
Fresno, California Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Fresno, California Climate Graph in Metric Units
Fresno, California Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Fresno, California, Usa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Chico Univ Farm, Ca, Usa - 410.9 kms (255.3 miles) NNW
- Reno, Nevada, Usa - 304 kms (188.9 miles) N
- Healdsburg, Ca, Usa - 344.9 kms (214.3 miles) NW
- Sacramento, California, Usa - 250 kms (155.4 miles) NW
- Vacaville, Ca, Usa - 267.1 kms (166 miles) NW
- Berkeley, Ca, Usa - 243.9 kms (151.6 miles) NW
- Stockton, Ca, Usa - 185.1 kms (115 miles) NW
- San Francisco, California, Usa - 254.4 kms (158.1 miles) WNW
- San Luis Obispo Poly, Ca, Usa - 227.9 kms (141.6 miles) SSW
- Santa Maria, Ca, Usa - 217.8 kms (135.4 miles) SSW
- Santa Barbara, Ca, Usa - 308.7 kms (191.8 miles) S
- Bishop, Ca, Usa - 137.1 kms (85.2 miles) ENE
- Death Valley, California, Usa - 256.8 kms (159.6 miles) E
- Las Vegas, Nevada, Usa - 414.1 kms (257.3 miles) E
- Bakersfield, Ca, Usa - 159.9 kms (99.4 miles) SSE
- Los Angeles, Ca, Usa - 330 kms (205.1 miles) SSE
- Redlands, Ca, Usa - 394 kms (244.9 miles) SE
- Los Angeles, California, Usa - 336.9 kms (209.4 miles) SSE
- Long Beach, Ca, Usa - 357.5 kms (222.2 miles) SSE